Saturday, February 11, 2012

Post #6 Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion

Wallwisher has endless possibilities. I created a wall on which students will post their conservation efforts at home. The link will appear in Monday's Rozzell/Martin newsletter and we will see who responds.On the first day, one child posted inappropriately. He posted and signed someone else's name and posted a personal hello to a friend. I talked to him and signed his planner so his parents would know. Go figure. Other than that, kids posted great comments and I replied to them quickly. I like this tool!




I used Edmodo in late September. I was not really impressed, but the year was young and I was not too familiar with the program or my students. I think I will give it another try and see how it goes. I can assign kids to comment on lessons or labs and poll the class about their opinion on various subjects.It definitely will promote communication and thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment