Friday, March 23, 2012

Post #11 Reflection

  1. I had the most fun with Xtranormal while creating a water cycle movie.  My kids are excited to make their own movie about their planet research. I am hoping to get this started in the near future. Finding time is the biggest hurdle.  
  2. The learning in my classroom is now so much more active than before. With new ipads and additional computers for more access to the mind boggling number of websites and applications, active participation is quite easy. But with all of the technology comes new classroom management issues and lots of structure. I am less fearful of the Web 2.0 world and know if I need any encouragement, my students will help me along.
  3. Unexpected surprises? Not really. I can see the endless possibilities for 21st century learning and the excitement that the students will feel. What frustrated me the most was the difficulty we had logging on to computers in order to carry out planned projects. When you spend all your class time trying to get a cow full of computers to access the internet instead of helping students, time is not being used efficiently. Hopefully the district will successfully address the problem. All in all, I learned a ton of new skills and information and confirmed the realization that it is just the tip of the iceberg!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac, great end of experience comments. You met the challenge of 11 Tools with an open mind and the determination to make it all work. Great job on your blog! And, yes, our students can be one of our best resources! Have fun going forward with all that you have learned. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing your 11 tools blog.

    ReplyDelete